online poker SuperSignupBonus

St Michael's Church, Ufton

Not just CoE. Druids, Jedi Knights, tree huggers and other beliefs welcome. (All except Scientology)

St Michael's Church, Ufton

Postby Bruce Everiss » Tue 13 May 2008 8:27 am

St Michael's church originates from C13th and C14th. Outside in the churchyard is a restored cross showing the Virgin, the Crucifixion, St Chad and St Catherine.
Bruce Everiss

Re: St Michael's Church, Ufton

Postby Bruce Everiss » Tue 13 May 2008 8:30 am

Read full article here: http://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/Cust ... geID=51325

Leamington Spa Courier wrote:The church: Run by volunteers
Running a nursery and later a Sunday Club at Ufton's St Michael's Church, June Shepherd has ensured that the children in the village have been kept entertained during their early years.
The fortnightly Sunday club forms part of the children's time in church and was created two years ago by a group of mum's in the village.
Recently the children have been in contact with an Ugandan school and have been exchanging letters with them.
Mrs Shepherd is also one of the 15-strong congregation that attends St Michael's and All Angel's Church in the village on a Sunday.
She said: "The whole of the church is run by volunteers, there is a rota for the cleaning, the brass and the flowers."
Mrs Shepherd who moved to the village 36 years ago with her husband David says she has seen a lot of changes in her time there.
She said: "I was very much a Leamington person but my husband was from a village and he said he really wanted to move back to the village and so we moved to Ufton.
"It isn't the typical English village that was here when I moved here 36 years ago. Then we had deliveries such as paper, bread, milk and lemonade and the doctor only did home visits, I think that's a typical village."
"It has changed, there's no doubt since I came to the village. There used to be a school, but like most villages when the school goes there is a big difference."
Bruce Everiss

Re: St Michael's Church, Ufton

Postby Bruce Everiss » Sat 5 Jul 2008 10:30 pm

Ufton Stocks and Church

photo http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/12369
Bruce Everiss

Return to Religion