online poker SuperSignupBonus

Jordan King, Kart Ace

What is happening.

Re: Jordan King, Kart Ace

Postby Bruce Everiss » Tue 21 Oct 2008 12:07 pm

Full story: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/covent ... -22081175/

"YOUNG Warwickshire karting star Jordan King travelled to the final meeting on the 2008 Super 1 calendar with a fighting chance of lifting the laurels in the hotly-fought national series, and though engine problems would ultimately deny him his shot at glory, he nevertheless left with his head held high at the end of a stellar campaign.

The Harbury teenager arrived at the Three Sisters circuit near Wigan in confident mood, having set the fastest lap around the track during the warm-up Rotax Max Cup outing three weeks earlier. After qualifying third amongst a fiercely-competitive 34-strong field - a scant five hundredths of a second shy of pole position - Jordan overcame a disqualification in the opening heat to battle back from 17th to sixth in the final, when he hit some grass that had been brought onto the track on the last lap and went off................................

.......................he now looks ahead to his maiden appearance in the Spanish Karting Championship at Zaragoza in the more powerful KF3 class this weekend, his enthusiasm is palpable.

"It's been a good season overall," he said. "It's only our third year of racing and we finished second in the British Championship, won the pre-final at Kartmasters and in the '0' Plate, finished sixth in BRDC Stars of Tomorrow and won three finals in Super 1 - the same number as Callum.

"Zaragoza will be really good. It will be a good opportunity to get more experience both in the kart and of racing in Europe. It's principally just a testing opportunity so I can get a good feel for the kart for next year, though of course we'll still be doing our best to try and win too"

To keep up-to-date with Jordan's latest career news and results, see www.jordanking.co.uk"
Bruce Everiss

King shines in Spain to send out European warning

Postby Bruce Everiss » Tue 28 Oct 2008 7:00 pm

King shines in Spain to send out European warning
Full story: http://kartlink.com/2008/king-shines-in ... n-warning/

"Jordan King travelled to the final round of the Spanish Karting Championship having to get to grips with a new kart, new team, new class, new tyres, new track and a whole new level of grip – and still came away with a brace of podium finishes for his efforts.

The young Harbury ace plans to compete in KF3 in Europe next year, and running with JRP on a Maranello mount for the first time at Zaragoza, he admitted his maiden Spanish appearance was a ‘big learning curve’.

With just three days’ testing and one race meeting – which he had won, albeit on a different chassis – under his belt prior to his outing at Zuera, Jordan languished some two seconds off the pace to begin with as the grip levels in particular, he confessed, took him somewhat by surprise......................"
Bruce Everiss

An Italian job well done by Jordan

Postby Bruce Everiss » Tue 18 Nov 2008 2:11 pm

An Italian job well done by Jordan
Full story: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/covent ... -22283128/

"...............JUST a week after his starring performance on his Spanish debut at Zuera, Jordan King stunned the regulars again as he finished a superb second in the Silver Cup at Sarno in Italy. Competing with CRG Holland for the first time, the Harbury ace overcame a lack of circuit knowledge as well as set-up troubles during practice to improve his lap times steadily and qualify ninth in KF3 field of 28............Having triumphed on his KF3 debut and achieved rostrum finishes in his first two European outings in the class, as he gains experience of the kind of circuits and opposition he will face next year, the signs are looking good. In 2009, have no doubt - Jordan King will hit the ground running. * To keep up-to-date with Jordan's latest career news and results, please log on to www.jordanking.co.uk ............."
Bruce Everiss

Jordan signed up for Euro challenge

Postby Bruce Everiss » Tue 9 Dec 2008 5:10 pm

Jordan signed up for Euro challenge
Full story: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/covent ... -22436250/

"Jordan King has shifted his burgeoning karting career up another notch by agreeing to join the front-running, Mark Berryman-run JRP outfit in European KF3 competition in 2009.

King competed for JRP in the final round of the Spanish Championship at Zuera in October, and despite having been courted by a number of other teams the in-demand Harbury ace saw enough to be convinced that he wished to remain on-board for what will be his first full season of international competition next year.........."
Bruce Everiss

Postby Bruce Everiss » Mon 26 Jan 2009 12:52 pm

Jordan back after injury.
Full story: http://kartlink.com/2009/king-back-in-t ... mpaign=rss

"Warwickshire karting hot-shot Jordan King returned from practically a two-month injury lay-off with a bang in the third round of the 2008/09 KF3 Winter Series at his local circuit of Shenington – by overcoming a distinct lack of track time to post a top six finish.

A broken collarbone shortly after his final outing of 2008 at Sarno in Italy sidelined Jordan until PF International back at the beginning of January – a meeting which lasted all the way up until the opening lap of his first heat for the 14-year-old, who got collected in a start-line pile-up and was helpless as another kart came over the top of his steering wheel…and left him with two broken fingers.

With more enforced time out of the seat, the JRP star was by his own admission ill-prepared for his Shenington return – but he rapidly made clear his intention of getting himself back on the pace as quickly as possible, lapping second-quickest to 2008 KF3 Champion Jake Dennis in the wet as the pair were the only two drivers to dip below the 47-second barrier.

“All the good drivers were there,” the Harbury ace related of the challenge he was up against, around a fast and flowing track where he had registered his first-ever karting victory and more recently secured pole position in the closing round of BRDC Stars of Tomorrow last year......................................"
Bruce Everiss

Postby Bruce Everiss » Mon 2 Feb 2009 6:57 pm

http://kartlink.com/2009/king-lays-down ... mpaign=rss

"He may never have seen the track before, he may have been out of action for two months following a double injury blow and he may have competed in his new class on just five occasions – but still all of that failed to prevent Jordan King from showing his WSK International Series rivals that he will be a serious force to be reckoned with in 2009...............................

...............“I went there as an unknown, but by the end of the test people were watching us. I don’t think the established drivers and teams had expected us to be that quick; we took them a bit by surprise.”
That much is no idle boast, and in ending the test fourth-fastest outright – trading lap times nip-and-tuck with de Vries – the Harbury ace laid down a marker that whilst he may still be on a learning curve in 2009 and still trailing much of the opposition in terms of experience both in Europe and in KF3, he firmly intends to trade blow-for-blow with them out on the circuit, and is emphatically not going into this merely to make up the numbers............................."
Bruce Everiss

Postby Bruce Everiss » Thu 12 Mar 2009 12:55 am

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 320708&FS=

WSK: Jordan King Sarno summary
Racing series KART
Date 2009-03-11

King makes his mark with maiden European triumph

Warwickshire karting star Jordan King kick-started his stuttering 2009 challenge firmly into gear in the second meeting on his 2009 WSK International Series schedule at Sarno, with a stunning charge to triumph in the first KF3 final - a performance that he is well aware really caught his rivals' attention.

Having been shunted from pillar to post in his first two European outings of the year and been left with broken fingers from a start-line pile-up at PF International, Jordan rebounded in fine style at the southern Italian circuit - as he overcame missing the fastest part of timed qualifying and suffering a bent stub axle and down-on-power engine in his opening two heat races to stake his claim as a true title contender.

"Sarno is a really good track," the 15-year-old enthused, "very fast and flowing, with some good overtaking opportunities too. It really chucked it down for the first two days, but we were quick in the wet so we were pretty happy with that.

"We weren't really thinking about what we were aiming for; we were just trying to do our best and be as fast as we could. Deep down I'm always aiming to win, though, so we were working towards that.

"For the whole of qualifying we were in the top three, but we weren't out at the right time at the end when the track was at its driest and everybody else went faster. That dropped us down to ninth place in the group, but we knew we were quick, so I was still pretty happy with things.

"With the engine problem, though, I just didn't have the power to get anywhere in the heats on the Saturday. I couldn't close on other drivers; when we were chasing it was alright, but as soon as we got into traffic we couldn't make any progress because we didn't have the power to get past them. I wasn't happy with the results, but equally I knew we weren't a million miles away and we just needed to find something overnight."

With just two borderline top ten finishes to his name for his efforts, there would be, indeed, considerable burning of the midnight oil by Jordan's loyal mechanic Stuart Wright and his JRP team on Saturday night, but with a new engine in the back of his Maranello mount come Sunday morning, the Harbury ace was suddenly in the ballpark once more - and firmly in with a shout.

After storming to a third place and a win in his remaining two heats, the reigning British Mini Max Vice-Champion placed eighth on the grid for the first final out of the 76 competitors present - and from there he would survive a 'fully sideways' moment on the opening lap to seal his breakthrough WSK victory, at last securing the result to match his undoubted pace and potential.

"In the morning warm-up we were still down on power a bit, but overall we were a lot closer to the pace," he recounted. "By the first heat of the day we were pretty much there, and in the next one we were really rocking! I did get a little bit lucky because there was a crash in front of me both times which I managed to avoid, but it was satisfying to be able to fight my way to the front - and we proved we had the speed to stay there too.

"Some of the drivers who were in front of me on the pre-final grid I hadn't really raced against before, so I didn't know what pace they had - but I knew we were quick enough to win. At the start the people further down the grid just kept their foot in and I was fully sideways through the first corner, but I managed to hold it together and I came out of the second corner in second place, with a gap ahead to the leader.

"I closed that gap down and managed to overtake him, and as I was going past his engine seized. That left me with quite a good margin over the others, and I just kept it steady from there really. I had known I was capable of winning, but I hadn't really expected to anymore after the first two heats when we were struggling so much for power. It was an awesome result, really amazing; last year I was winning finals in Super 1, and now I'm winning finals in WSK!"

Confessing to being 'pretty relaxed' before the grand final, Jordan went on to lead the first five laps before unfortunately coming off worst in a fraught seven-way scrap for the top spot after making a tiny error that, he acknowledged, proved costly indeed. By his own admission still getting used to his new surroundings - and there is no substitute for experience at such a high level - it was a valuable lesson to learn.

"I didn't really have any particular pressure on me," he mused, "so I was just going out there to try and do the double. Everything felt under control and I was pretty happy with the whole situation, but then Gerard Barrabeig lunged past me and Danil Kyvat got by too. That left me third, and after that I was probably pushing a bit too hard and hit a kerb, which dropped me back even further. It was just a small mistake, but everyone took advantage.

"In Britain the racing isn't quite so close - there are bigger gaps between the fast drivers and the slower ones, and if you make a mistake you'll lose maybe two or three places. In Europe everybody is quick, and that same mistake can cost you ten positions."

Indeed, the calibre in the bumper WSK KF3 field may be a whole different level to anything Jordan has known before, but on the weekend where it all finally clicked and he truly arrived on the European scene - having already notched up a second and a third place on one-off appearances towards the end of last year - the Repton School pupil showed his rivals that he fully intends to be a force to be reckoned with for the duration of 2009.

"People I hadn't really spoken to before were coming up to me afterwards and saying 'well done'," he reflected. "I was frustrated with what had happened in the grand final, but on the positive side we were bang on the pace and I'm just putting that down to experience. People are definitely starting to notice me and look out for me - everyone knows what I'm capable of now."

-credit: jordanking.co.uk
Bruce Everiss

Postby Bruce Everiss » Mon 27 Apr 2009 4:49 pm

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 323467&FS=

WSK: Jordan King Castelletto summary
Racing series KART
Date 2009-04-06

European podium 'another tick in the box' for impressive King

He may be only a handful of meetings into his maiden campaign of European competition, but Warwickshire karting star Jordan King is already making significant waves by showing the way to many of his more experienced rivals - and a rostrum finish in his latest outing, he acknowledged, was 'another tick in the box'.

Though some had suggested 2009 would be a learning year for Jordan on the European stage given his paucity of experience there - just two one-off appearances towards the end of last year - he has always been adamant that he intended getting to the front of the pack as quickly as possible. So far he has been every bit as good as his word.

A superb victory in the pre-final of the previous round of the hotly-fought WSK International Series at Sarno in Italy - his breakthrough major success at international level - sent the reigning British Mini Max Vice-Champion heading to Castelletto near Pavia with his tail up and aiming to further demonstrate his outstanding potential. Up against 79 KF3 class rivals of the very highest calibre around, he recognised that it would be no simple task - but then equally, he has never been one to shy away from a challenge.

"I knew it was going to be hard," acknowledged the JRP Maranello ace, "but I felt I could do it again. We had been there testing the week before; it's the same layout pretty much as PF International in the UK, with long, fast straights but also some quite tight, slow sections. It's a real power circuit and that's where we had been struggling really on the test day, but I wasn't too concerned.

"When we got there for the race weekend the kart felt good; we were maybe lacking a little bit on the grip front, but we sorted that out pretty much straightaway. On the Thursday afternoon we were fast, but then on the Friday we dropped off the pace a bit. We did well in qualifying with new tyres on, though, and ended up fourth in group which was quite good. I was pleased with that, because although we were still missing a little bit of power, it showed we were quick and right up there."

Just over a tenth of a second shy of the best time in his group equated to 13th overall in the intermediate ranking, less than three tenths off the top spot. From there he would convert four third row starting positions into fourth, sixth, seventh and tenth places in his heat races, despite being fired off the circuit in two of them and left with much work to do to battle his way back up the order again. A fastest lap time a scant three hundredths of a second away from that of the race-winner in heat three sent out a warning of just what he was capable of.

"The aim for the heats was to get four solid top ten finishes to score some good points towards the grid for the pre-final," Jordan explained. "They were pretty fun races, and I was pleased to get four good results. As everyone at the front is so close on times - all within about half a tenth of each other - and so similar in terms of engine power, you have to make the time up in the corners. With the gaps remaining so steady it just tends to yo-yo, so whilst I would catch them into the tighter bits, they would pull away again down the straights."

With the emphasis thus placed firmly on talent, skill behind the wheel and cornering and braking techniques, the 15-year-old was proving that - lack of experience or not - he was every bit as strong as his more established competitors, and he would begin the pre-final tenth out of 34.

"We still weren't massively quick," he stated, "so I knew it would be important to have a good first few laps and get as high up as I could as quickly as I could. I was starting on the outside and got hit from behind in the first corner, which caused my engine to cut out - when I put my foot down nothing happened.

"That left me down in 15th, and I managed to come back through to ninth in the end, which became eighth when one of the drivers ahead got excluded. I was quite happy with that, because with everyone so close in lap times, it's difficult to overtake and make your way through. It didn't help, either, that my bumper had been pushed up and bent in the first lap knock, which left it rubbing against the wheel throughout the race."

A better fastest lap than the winner this time nonetheless went to show that the pace was most definitely there - damage or no - and beginning the all-important grand final from eighth place, hopes were high. Justifiably so.

"We were still lacking a little bit of power, but I was hoping to finish in the top five," the Harbury-based speed merchant reflected. "I was on the outside of the grid again and didn't get a great start, so I conceded quite a few places there. After that I began to work my way through and I got up to third. I managed to pull a gap out over the drivers behind me and caught the leaders up with a handful of laps to go. I was lapping two tenths quicker than anyone else on the track; the kart felt good and I was driving well.

"I got by into second with two laps to go, but he got me back again before the end of the race and I had to settle for third in the end. I think if the two leaders had started to battle each other I could maybe have stood a chance of doing better; even when they weren't fighting, I was taking consistently two or three tenths a lap out of them. It was still my best result in a WSK grand final, though, my first podium and another step forward. I was very happy; it felt really good. Now I just want to keep moving forward every weekend."

Just a second off the win in the end and with the honour of fastest lap and both top Brit and top Maranello driver to his credit - 'another tick in the box', he joked - the highest step of the podium, assuredly, will come. The pair ahead of him at the chequered flag - Nyck de Vries and Carlos Sainz Jnr - each have more than a year's experience of KF3 racing in Europe, whereas Jordan has just six meetings under his belt.

Looking ahead now to round four of seven on the 2009 WSK schedule at Genk in Belgium - a circuit he knows very well from a number of starring appearances there in Formula Kart Stars, the same series that first set none other than defending Formula One World Champion Lewis Hamilton on the fast track to future glory - the Repton School pupil is lying a challenging fifth in the points standings, and knows that he is getting better by the race.

"If we keep getting the results we can close the gap a bit," he affirmed. "The aim is just to get as far up as we can."

-credit: jordanking.co.uk
Bruce Everiss

Postby Bruce Everiss » Tue 12 May 2009 6:08 am

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 327505&FS=

EU: Jordan King qualification summary
Racing series CIK
Date 2009-05-11

King sails through qualifying to make a claim for European crown

He may be in only his maiden season of international competition in 2009, but young Warwickshire karting star Jordan King has nonetheless demonstrated to his rivals that he views this as anything but a learning year in confidently easing his way through the hotly-contested qualifying phase for the prestigious CIK-FIA European Championship.

The Western Region qualifying round for the high-profile one-off meeting - designed to whittle the initial field of 176 entrants from all across Europe down to an altogether more manageable 81 for the main event in mid- summer - took place at Angerville in northern France, a circuit that up until a fortnight beforehand, Jordan had never so much as set eyes upon. He soon got down to business.

"We tested there to play around with set-up and concentrate on learning the track so that we had a solid starting point for the race weekend," he explained. "It's quite tight and twisty, but somewhere that you still need a lot of power from the engine. We were quick in testing, but the problem was we didn't know if we were quick compared to the others because we were the only ones there."

'The others' comprised the very creme de la creme of the KF3 class from the UK, France, Spain, Switzerland and Portugal, including drivers of the calibre of Gerard Barrabeig, Carlos Sainz Jnr - son of twice World Rally Champion Carlos Sainz - and fellow leading Brits Alex Albon and reigning British Champion Jake Dennis, as well as a number of drivers against whom Jordan had never previously competed.

Despite his comparative lack of experience on the European stage - with still barely a handful of outings under his belt in the hotly-contested WSK International Series - the 15-year-old is rapidly crafting himself a burgeoning reputation and marking himself out as a regular podium contender, and he entered the qualification round confident of being able to hold his own in such exalted company.

"We weren't bang on the leading pace in practice," he recounted. "The track conditions had changed quite a bit since testing when we had been so fast and the kart had felt really good. Now it was sliding around a lot - all of the Maranellos were struggling - which left us a couple of tenths off and I had to try and drive around that.

"In qualifying the kart still didn't feel great even on new tyres and we didn't have any real pace. Other drivers were just managing to pull away from me, and we knew we were not where we should have been at all. My racecraft has always been strong, though, so I was confident we would be able to actually compete more in the races and that I could pull it back a bit in the heats and finals."

In such a closely-packed, 54-strong field, a mere half a second off the top spot in qualifying equated to a lowly 29th position for the Harbury ace, and left him to start each of his four heat races from 12th. From there he would wisely concentrate on scoring good points throughout, well aware of the value of consistency in a competition in which just one DNF could mean game over.

With no repêchage (second chance heat) to fall back on this time, seeing the chequered flag was the number one priority, and there were inevitably some big-name casualties along the way as the entire pack duelled over the 34 places available in the two finals. An excellent second place in heat one set Jordan up well, and three further top ten finishes saw him comfortably through.

"I got quite a good start in the first heat and picked off a few drivers in front of me," he related, "and after that there was a fairly big fight ahead. I got onto the back of the group and managed to get the better of all of them. That was a good confidence boost, but whilst we were a bit closer to the pace we still weren't close enough.

"Given that the European Championship is a one-off event, this weekend was all about making sure we qualified, though, and after three solid results in my first three heats that definitely took the pressure off a bit for the last of them. I knew there were quite a few other drivers having to fight simply to get into the finals, which resulted in carnage in some of the races with people pushing so hard just to make it through."

Twelfth on the grid once again for the first final, whilst he acknowledged that a mid-pack position meant 'there's always a chance things can go wrong', Jordan fought hard to recover from a scrappy opening couple of laps that dropped him down to the foot of the top 20 to reclaim his starting position at the close.

"With 12th place I knew we were already pretty much safe," the Repton School pupil acknowledged, "as long as we got around the first corner in the second final. That took the pressure off again and meant I no longer had to play it safe - obviously I wasn't going to risk doing anything stupid, but I certainly wasn't intending on taking it easy either. I was just aiming to go out there and do the best I could."

Indeed, he would do rather more than merely make it around the first corner in the second final, timing his getaway to perfection when the lights went out to vault up into fifth - where he would remain all the way to the chequered flag, setting a fastest lap on a par with those of the leaders but unable to quite match the consistency of the four drivers ahead of him at the close.

Still, the result secured Jordan a superb sixth position in the overall rankings - second highest-placed of the ten Brits in attendance. As he now switches his attentions to the main championship at Zuera in Spain in mid- July - a track that, by dint of its sweeping nature, is practically the polar opposite of Angerville and will therefore challenge drivers with a true test of their mettle at both extremes - he does so in confident mood, having twice mounted the rostrum on his only previous appearance there, scene of his JRP Maranello debut back in October.

"That was my first real race abroad and only my second time out in KF3, so to go there for the first time and come away with two podiums in the Spanish Championship was pretty good, I thought," he concluded. "Zuera is fast and flowing and at one stage you're flat-out for about seven seconds, which compared to many tracks is a long time.

"It's a one-off event, so whilst a top three finish for my first time in the European Championship would be good, there's only one aim really - we're going there to win."
Bruce Everiss

Postby Bruce Everiss » Sun 5 Jul 2009 12:16 pm

Karting kid Jordan King shines in Genk
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/covent ... -24071210/

YOUNG Warwickshire karting star Jordan King produced ­arguably the finest performance of his fledgling career ­to-date to overcome all manner of adversity and storm to an outstanding podium finish in the latest round of the hotly-fought 2009 WSK International Series at Genk – and afterwards he warned his rivals: “I’m ready to win!”

Jordan is in only his maiden campaign of international competition this year when the majority of his 81 competitors in KF3 have at least a season already under their belt – but he is far from letting it hold him back.

Already established as the leading British driver in the class in WSK...........................................................more
Bruce Everiss

PreviousNext

Return to Harbury and district News